Privacy Collection Statement
1. For what purpose does dstore require your Personal Information?
dstore collects and uses Personal Information about you primarily to supply you with the products and services you order from it and its related companies (dstore Group Companies). dstore also collects and uses Personal Information for related (or secondary) purposes including:
- billing and account management;
- business planning and product development; and
- to provide you with information about promotions, as well as the products and services of dstore.com Group companies and other organisations.
2. dstore.com's rights and obligations
dstore.com is required by law to collect certain Personal Information about you, including your name, address, telephone service number and other public number customer details, and to provide it to the operator of the Integrated Public Number Database (IPND) for inclusion in the IPND. Information in the IPND is used to develop directories and to assist emergency service organisations. If your phone number is unlisted, your information will be marked accordingly in the IPND and its use and disclosure will be strictly controlled.
If you do not provide all the Personal Information dstore requests from you, dstore may be unable to supply the products or services you have requested, or dstore may be restricted in the way it supplies these products or services to you.
3. How dstore may use your Personal Information?
dstore may disclose Personal Information about you (for the purposes set out in section 1. above) to:
- any of the dstore Group companies;
- dstore's agents, dealers, contractors and franchisees;
- dstore's suppliers who need access to the Personal Information to provide dstore with services, enabling dstore Group companies to supply you with the products and services you have ordered.
4. When and how can you opt out?
If you wish only to receive communications that are account-related or legally required, you may request not to receive other communications (ie you may "opt out"). If you wish to make a request to opt-out, you can do so at any time by letting dstore know of your request by following the Unsubscribe instructions on any piece of electronic mail from dstore or by contacting the dstore customer service by clicking here. If you provide dstore with an opt-out request, dstore will activate your request as soon as reasonably possible after receiving it. dstore will not charge you for processing a request to opt-out.
5. Your right to access your records.
You may request access to Personal Information dstore holds about you, and dstore will grant you access unless it is required or permitted to refuse such a request. You may also request that information about you be corrected if you think that it is not accurate. You should contact us if you require more information.
6. dstore rights to disclose your credit information.
For the purpose of processing some orders and ongoing credit management of your account, dstore may need to disclose to a credit reporting agency:
- personal identifying details, including your name, current and previous addresses, driver's licence number, date of birth and employer;
- the fact you have purchased a dstore product or service, and any credit limit on your account;
- the amount of any payments which are overdue for at least sixty (60) days, when steps have been taken by dstore to recover those overdue payments;
- where an overdue payment has been previously reported, advice that the payment is no longer overdue;
- cheques or credit card payments which have been dishonoured;
- court judgments or bankruptcy orders made against you;
- that, in the opinion of dstore , you have committed a serious credit infringement; and
- when dstore ceases to provide products or services to you.
You authorise dstore to disclose the information described in clause 6. to a credit reporting agency. You also authorise dstore to seek from or give to any credit providers authorised by you or named in a credit report or to other telecommunications providers (carriers or carriage service providers), and dstore's franchisees, agents, contractors and outlets, the same information and any other information on this form and any other information on your credit worthiness, credit history or credit capacity that credit providers are allowed to give under the Privacy Act.
You authorise dstore to obtain and use personal credit information (eg; your existing household loans and personal credit card history) for the purpose of considering an application by you for commercial credit; (to use the dstore service and your phone as a sole trader.) You authorise dstore to obtain and use commercial information about your commercial credit worthiness or commercial history (your existing credit record as a sole trader) when considering an application for consumer credit, for example where the Service will be used for domestic purposes.
dstore may refuse or cancel the supply of products or services on the basis of its credit assessment of you. You are entitled to see, and to correct, any credit information which dstore.com holds about you.